HP Officejet Pro 8740
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer is a popular model in the range of the Officejet 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printers which is at the most affordable and applicable cost. This printer has the most desirable of all the models because of its sleek design and the catchy appearance. This printer suit most of all the jobs at both home as well as office of small or large scale.
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Setup
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver Installation
- 123HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Features
- The features supported by HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer are of different kind and is of great use when it comes to office works.
- The features that are included as built-in are from the basic print, copy and scan to the higher level supported features on 123.hp.com/setup 8740.
- There are some features that are supported by the printer on installing right driver software that could be used are chosen from the site of HP so that the printer gets more usable and enhanced on the level of performance.
- The most desirable mobile printing can also be included on your printer along with the installation of the right driver software.
First Time Printer Setup
There are a few procedures in which the printer has to be unpacked which is explained below:
- First, check if the printer package is undamaged and in proper condition.
- Then, cut away all the wrappers and tapes that are binding and covering the printer package using a sharp object carefully.
- Make sure that you don’t spoil the package while you cut off the extra wrappers and tapes on the package which might in turn spoil the printer in the package.
- Then, take HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer out from the package and handle it safe without damaging the lids and openings.
- After you take the printer out from the package, check if there is any damage on the printer and also the printer is same as the model you ordered for.
- Then remove all the tapes and guarding sheets over the scanner glass.
- Now, place the printer in a safe and a flat grounded surface such that it would be convenient for you to use the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver Installation
To install the driver software for your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, follow the steps given below:
- Before you commence the process of installing the driver software on your computer, make sure that you make the connections and the setups perfectly fine.
- After the connections are made in , open the 123.hp.com/setup 8740 site on your browser and select the printer model as HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.
- On selecting the printer model the website will display a list of driver software suitable for your support.hp.com/driver printer developed and provided with different feature included.
- Select on software on wish and download the file. After it is been downloaded, install it on your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver Download
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver Download for Window
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer can be made to work better when the printer firmware for the printer 123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer with123.hp.com/ojpro8740 is installed on the Windows computer so that the printer helps the user in experiencing more advanced features and functionalities.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Driver Download for Mac
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer works well and fine when the connected Mac computer is installed with the right driver software to the printer which can be downloaded from HP site to help the users experience with fully fledged functionalities.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
To setup the wireless network connection for your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, you’ll have to follow the below explained procedure:
- Before you setup the wireless network connection for your printer, make sure that your printer is connected to any network through the wired Ethernet cable.
- If so, remove it, and open the Wireless Setup Wizard on the Printer Control Panel of your printer.
- The panel will display you a list of wireless networks near the location of your 123.hp.com/setup 8740 printer. Select the wireless network provided by your wireless router.
- If the panel prompts you to authenticate with the network, validate it with the set password, manually.
- Make sure that you don’t connect your printer with any guest or host network.
HP OfficejetPro 8740 Printer Specification
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer provides a wide range of support to the users of all levels. The features supported by the printer are of myriad types and all of them do not require any special software to be installed on the connected computer. All the add-on features can be included on the printer with the right driver software installed of 123 hp setup ojpro8740. The printer can enable on the features from the basic print, copy and scan to the advanced mobile printing.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Print using Window
To print any document or photo on the Windows computer, follow the steps explained below.
- Before you start off with the process of printing any document or the photo on the Mac computer, make sure that the printer is made set with the basic connections and the setups.
- Then, check if the printer is turned on and gets into the ready state.
- After the printer is ready, check the levels of ink in the ink cartridge and open the file that is to be printed on your Mac computer.
- Then, select the option to print the document or photo and click on the print option.
- The printer specification window will open and the specifications can be specified along with the other norms.
- Then, click on the print button to start the print job on the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Print using MAC
To print any document or the photo on the Mac computer on HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure you have made the connections and the setup right and the cartridges are installed fine.
- Then, turn on the printer and wait for it to get in the ready state.
- Then, check if the ink cartridges are installed fine and check the ink levels.
- Now, on the connected computer, select the document or the photo to be sent to the printer for it to print.
- Also, make the printer specifications on the screen and select the paper orientations and the other necessary specifications on in 123.hp.com/ojpro8740.
- Select the number of copies the selected file has to be printed. Also, make sure the document pages size fits into the paper size and suits the document size to be printed,Then, click print button.
Who We Are?
- We are here to support and provide the aid when needed by the users and help them clarifying theirs doubts and problems.
- All the services provided by us help the users in different main framed jobs from the basic setup of printer to the troubleshooting of the printer issues.
- These services help the users in using and dealing with their printers so easily with no trouble or issues and gain a smooth experience working with their printer.
- We even support on call services so that the user can get an on live solutions for their problems and the 123.hp.com/setup 8740.
- Also we provide you the best services and guidance for all the issues and setups and connections of every models of HP printer.
- Our team is always available for you to help you with your problems and your queries and get rid of your issues with the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mobile Printing
Mobile printing is a special feature that is added on to the printer so that user can use their printer even from a far-away place with ease. All the services that are included in the mobile printing solutions make the printer more efficient and helpful for the users to use and deal with 123 hp ojpro8740 their printer. The mobile printing works mainly with the wireless connection and it is most important requirement to use and implement the mobile printing facility in their printer and the mobile device.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 ePrint
To setup the ePrint feature for your HP Officejet Pro 8740, follow the steps explained below:
- Before you try to setup the ePrint feature for your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, make sure that your printer is not connect using the USB cable. If so, disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Then, on the Printer Control Panel, open the Network Setup and turn on web services option.
- After the web services are turned on and confirmed, the printer setup information page will be printed on the printer.
- The setup page holds all the details about the printer along with the printer’s email address to which the print job can be sent as email.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Cloud Print
To setup the cloud print services in your printer, you’ll have to make the followings changes on your printer.
- Before you make the setup of the cloudprint feature in your printer, make sure that you have made the connections and setups for your printer perfectly fine for your printer.
- The, switch on the printer and then open the devices list on computer chrome browser.
- From the displayed list of devices and printers, search for your printer name. if your printer name is found on the list, you can readily use the cloudprint feature on your printer.
- If not, select Add device option, and then add your printer to that list so that you can use the cloud print on your printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Air Print
To add the Airprint feature to your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, follow the procedure explained below:
- Before you try to setup the Airprint feature on your in printer, make sure that your Apple mobile device uses the an iOS 4.2 or above to be compatible with the Airprint feature.
- Also make sure that you don’t use the wired Ethernet cable connection to connect your printer with the network connection
- Now, connect your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer and the Apple mobile device with the internet connection through a wireless connection or a Wi-Fi direct.
- After connecting, open the document or photo to be printed and click the actions menu and click print,make the changes and click on Print
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Mopria Print
To setup the mophria print for your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, follow the steps explained below:
- Before you start the process of setting up the mophria print feature, make sure that your mobile device is compatible with this feature.
- Then check if the printer and the mobile device are turned on.
- On the mobile device, install the application Mophria print plugin and turn on the enable option.
- After the mophria print is turned on, select the printer device and add it to the application.
- Also make sure that the mobile device and the printer is connected on the same wireless network.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Ink Catridge
The print quality of the documents or the photo printed on HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer requires the best of all ink cartridges out there available. These ink cartridges are solely responsible for the better printing of the selected files and photos. The right methods of installing the ink cartridges also must be followed for the better print quality. On making each and every step completely fine, the ink cartridges result in the best quality of the print job.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Install Ink
To install the ink cartridges on HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer, make sure that the old cartridges are not left on the carriage. Also make sure that the new cartridges are cleared from the unwanted wrappers and tapes. Remove the orange tab on the cartridge and also remove the orange cap by twisting it in the counter clockwise direction so that the ink doesn’t flow out from the cartridge more than what is needed in 123.hp.com/ojpro8740. After the safety tabs and the caps are removed away from the cartridge, insert the ink cartridge into the carriage by matching the color of the ink cartridge with the slot color indications and install it well into its slot. Also repeat this procedure for every other cartridge and complete the process and close the carriage access door.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Ink Level Check
To check if the ink cartridge has sufficient amount of ink in its hold to perform the required jobs, open the ink cartridge carriage access door. Check if there are any leaks inside the carriage due to damaged ink cartridges. If so, clean those at once for it may cause some other printing issues. Then open the connected computer and open the control panel of your computer. On HP solution Center, select the tab Estimated ink levels and check the level of the ink in your cartridges. If the level indicated is sufficient, then you can continue using your printer. If the ink levels are low and insufficient, remove the current ink cartridge and install the new ink cartridge and close the carriage.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting
There are many issues that would crop up while you deal and use with your printer or any other electronic device. These issues vary from model to model and the usage of the printer by the printer. The intensity of the issue and problem depends on the faults that caused those issues. These issues and problems may hinder the normal working of the printer for a while and will never spoil whole of the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer is Offline
To resolve the issues of printer moving into the offline state, follow the methods explained below:
- At first, make sure that the printer is fixed in a proper location and work environment and if it doesn’t suit the printer, you can change the location.
- Try to reset your printer, computer and the router which is responsible for the proper network connection supply and then check your device name.
- Also, make your printer as the default printer device for your computer and then check the status of the printer from the devices and printers list on the computer.
- Then check the printer is in offline or online and if the printer found to be in online your ready to use the printer
- If the printer is found online, then the issue is been resolved.
Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
When the print jobs get stuck halfway in the print queue, follow the below methods to resolve them:
- On the printer, press the stop button to stop the current print job and open the computer.
- On the computer, open the services running on your computer from the control panel.
- From the list of services that are running on your computer, select the Spooler service.
- Right click on the Spooler service and select Stop.
- After the spooler service is been stopped, open the spooler folder on the computer memory and delete the entire content in that folder. On doing this, the entire print jobs in the print queue will be deleted and stopped.
Ink System Failure
To resolve the failure of ink system, follow the steps given below:
- Check if the ink cartridges used on HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer is genuine and with quality.
- Then, reset your printer to make the ink systems regain their hold on their working.
- Then remove the ink cartridges from the carriage and clean the ink cartridge if there is any hindrance on the cartridges.
- Also, see if the carriage is clean and free from leakages.
- If the printer firmware installed on the connected computer is out of date, update it immediately to revive the system back.
- Now, try to print any document. If the printing is done with ease, the issue is been resolved.
USB Scanner Connection Error
To resolve the issue cropping up on your printer, follow the steps given below:
- Turn off your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer and the computer to which the printer is connected to.
- Then if the printer is connected to the computer through the USB cable connection, check if the connections are properly made and connected on the exact port.
- Try to uninstall the driver software on your computer and then installed the new updated driver software from the official HP site.
- Also, delete the printer name on the list of devices and printer added on to the computer.
- After the necessary things are made, check the printer functioning. If it works well, the issue is been resolved.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Most Important Questions
- How to use wi-fi direct on 123 hp officejet pro 8740
- How to change network settings on 123 hp officejet pro 8740
- 123 hp officejet pro 8740 jams and paper-feed issues
- 123 hp officejet pro 8740 paper feed issues
- How to connect the 123 hp officejet pro 8740 printer using usb option
- 123 hp officejet pro 8740 printer setup
- How to install 123 hp officejet pro 8740 printer
- How to print documents 123 hp officejet pro 8740
- How to copy and scan documents 123 hp officejet pro 8740
- 123 hp officejet pro 8740 wireless printer setup
- How to setup wireless 123 hp officejet pro 8740
- How to update your printer 123 hp officejet pro 8740
- 123 hp officejet pro 8740 web services
- 123 hp officejet pro 8740 printer setups for hp eprint, google cloud print, air print